I have 2 weeks and a half left here. Time is running out & I might have to start planning (arghhh new word in my vocabulary) what, where and when with who...Oh well could start a list here but I would more likely bore you to death. Mmmm as the office is empty....Ole just called, he should be here at 9:30, and it is right now 8:35....So I guess I have plenty of time on my hands to start and finish my longlist of important things to do:
- Pack a box with all the books I bought (see under liens cherryh, I collect her old SF books and the States is a gold mine for that). I outpassed myself this time with a mix of old 70's SF, 30's-50's anthropological/ecological authors, and spiritual/self-esteem books...I can round the number around 2-3 kilos but I will go back to this beautiful (purple wodden house in Kenai) used bookstore where I feel like I am in Northern exposure...no kidding..and I love it...Books are one of my passion, their smells, feel and touch. I can easily fall in love with an old edition simply because of it's texture or smell...
- Also, the weighed limit on my plane is changing due to gas prices and I am only allowed 20 kilos back when I came with 30 and must reach 35 by now...So send another box with all the stuff I do not use right now or discard old crap...and only travel back with my tiny 50 litres backpack...
- Go for a hike in Homer/Cooper landing. I haven't hiked down here for over a month. Shame on me!!!!
- Plan my stay in Girdwood/Anchorage & check with Robert when are flights from Soldotna to Anchorage.
- See jenny, meredith,eric,david before I leave, and organise a french dinner party for Joss, jan, robert,Ole & stef
- Write an account of my work and have robert or stef sign it
This is the most boring e-mail I have ever laid my eyes on so I shall stop now before it gets any worse, get it done on paper at home and go get myself a nice cuppa coffee before I start my day out in the field...see y'a